Tuesday 6 January 2009

Mobiles, AKA Your Own Personal Bubble


Something in a post over at ishouldbeworking made me think about the pain in the arse wonder that is the mobile phone. OK, OK, I have to admit they are practical, but there are a few things that really piss me off with some mobile phone users (and yes, I have been guilty of doing the first to some extent, but I have yet to decapitate anyone):

The Mobile Bubble - those affected with Bubbleitis, when speaking on their mobile seem to believe that they are sitting in their own front room, in the middle of what would appear to be the apocalypse, and hence adjust their volume accordingly. In addition, what with being in their front room and all, they do tend to gesticulate in such a manner that cyclists and pedestrians alike really should duck for cover.

The Hands Free Menace - as with the Bubbleitis clan, these people also threaten to decapitate and deafen passers by on a regular basis, but in addition, they also have an uncanny ability to slam into you should you be stationary, such as waiting to cross the road or looking in a shop window, and then look at you like you're the menace.

The Multitasker - this breed possess not one, not two, but three or more of the little buggers mobiles. Now I get it, VP or drug dealer, you've got to be in touch with your business, but please, three phones? How the smeg are you supposed to use them all, and more importantly where the hell is the waiter supposed to put your pint / glass of Sauvignon Blanc? Although I have to admit, watching them try to juggle the buggers whilst on the move does put me in a better mood!

The Textaholics - now, what you do on your own time is none of my business, but if you're sat across from me having a drink put the mobile down. Enough said.

And as I sit here pontificating from the safety of my laptop, my mobile is right by my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment